Saturday, April 25, 2009

COLLEGE GRADUATION '07


















These are the quotes taken from famous and reputable authors that i pondered after my graduation in college. These are a sort of pieces of advice that i carried as i face life after education years.

"Graduation day is tough for adults. They go to the ceremony as parents. They come home as contemporaries. After twenty-two years of child-raising, they are unemployed." ~ by Erma Bombeck
"Sooner or later we all discover that the important moments in life are not the advertised ones, not the birthdays, the graduations, the weddings, not the great goals achieved. The real milestones are less prepossessing. They come to the door of memory unannounced, stray dogs that amble in, sniff around a bit and simply never leave. Our lives are measured by these." ~ by Susan B. Anthony
The man who graduates today and stops learning tomorrow is uneducated the day after- by Newton D. Baker
Be fearless. Have the courage to take risks. Go where there are no guarantees. Get out of your comfort zone, even if it means being uncomfortable. The road less traveled is sometimes fraught with barricades, bumps, and uncharted terrain. But it is on that road where your character is truly tested- Katty Couric ( TV Journalist)
It was March 31, 2007, when i received the most anticipated gift of my hard work, My College Diploma. It was a mixed emotions to narrate on how i feel during that day, i was filled with joy because finally my years of studying is over, the sacrifices of my parents is done, the preparing of assignments, term papers and reports is at ease, the stress of memorizing, analyzing business and accounting transactions has put to an end. But i cannot hide the fact that i was also overshadowed then by sadness, for a reason that i am going to leave the alma matter whom i have stayed for almost 9 years ( 4 years in High School and 5 years in College with my Degree of Bachelor of Science in Accountancy), the alma matter who thought me of the different mathematical equations, various parts of the body, several techniques in writing news and other articles in High School. Accounting formulas, equations, techniques and principles in College. In addition, I am also a little bit all alone then because my classmates and I will going to separate ways and face the life on our own finding a job to earn a living. it is like walking in a road, and it is up to us on how we will be going to face the challenges that will come our way. Graduation depicts a new chapter in the lives of a graduate, many changes will pass through, many circumstances will try to enter our whole individuality, but it is a matter of courage and determination on how are we going to surpass all of those.
Remembering my days in college gives me so much joys and smiles in my heart. why? because of the endless number of activities and events that i've been went through, this is made possible with the organizations that i am affiliated into. I was been an active and devoted member of the UA Outreach and Campus Minitsry. My 5 years in college ideally evolve with these two.With these organizations, i was able to see life beyond greatness, richness and so forth, I was able to touch personally the lives of the people at Munting Tahanan of Nazareth, Pampanga Provincial Jail, Social Action Center of Pampanga, Jose B. Lingad Medical Center, Bahay Pag-ibig and others. I was also given by God the chance to speak to thousands of students and spread His good news and teachings to everyone.
With the interest, love and dedication that i showed with these organizations, i was an awarded as one of the archbishop's most distinguished awardee for formation. But it is not the award that counts to me, it is how i was able to help and changed their lives and how they shape and touch my life.
I had so much unforgettable memories during my stay in the University, not only with those organizations but with my set of friends, peers and classmates whom for five years we've been together through thick and thin.
Life at College will always be a noted one in my life... this will never erase as my life breath takes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment